How To Build Forms Using A Form BuilderHow can I create a form? What type of forms can I make? Do I need to have coding knowledge? What is a form builder? Can I make a custom form by myself? Any questions that we missed out? Well, this blog has answers to all your questions. So take a seat and grab your notes. Because you are going to learn all about forms and the art of building a form from scratch.
Type of Forms
1. Customer Feedback FormGetting feedback from customers has always remained a task for marketers. It is a constant process and anything that makes the process smoother is welcome. Forms are excellent tools for this job. Have a look at this “Shoppers Insight” form. The form has a creative design to engage users unlike the usual boring forms. It asks the users to rate specific parameters like design, product description, response time, etc. And, this way you get to know which parameter to improve on. In fact, you can smartly place a lead magnet at the end to lure your customers.
2. HR FormNow, we can’t talk about forms without mentioning HR forms. Almost all of us have taken some kind of job satisfaction, evaluation, or employee benefit forms. Isn’t it time to make those forms fun? Have a look at this “Employee Exit” form. A form like this should be kept very crisp with questions seeking information that would be useful for improving the organizational setup and resources. You can also have a look at this “Employee Benefit” or “Job Satisfaction” form. Finally, adding a motivational video is also a good idea.
3. Market Research FormThis section would be of utmost interest to all our fellow marketers out there. Research can make or break your brand. Hence, market research forms form the basis of any marketing campaign or strategy. Have a look at this “Market Research” form. It details every important question in a strategic way comprising of both objective and subjective type questions for a comprehensive outlook. Moreover, you can place a lead gen form at the end to fetch the details of the prospects.
4. Product Research FormAfter the successful market research process, it is equally important to test your product in order to get opinions on improving your offerings to fit your audience’s needs more accurately. Here is a “Product Testing” form for example. The form carefully places one question at a time to increase the focus of the person and decrease the drop-offs. In fact, you can also strategically place a lead gen form at the end. This will not just aid your lead generation process, but also allow you to do customer segmentation.
5. Management FormFinally, let’s talk about the forms that help in managing the entire organization. People’s management can become a challenging task if not handled judiciously. Have a look at this “Management Performance” form that might make it easier. This kind of form details questions about how well the management is aligned with its business goals and employees’ growth. Have a look at the following question for example. You can also design subjective questions for a better understanding of the issues. Keeping these forms anonymous can help you get optimum results.
What is a Form Builder?A form builder is a tool that helps you create and design innovative forms for multiple purposes like research, management, and feedback. All the above examples that we saw are designed on a form builder software. Moreover, a form builder doesn’t just help you create forms but also provides you with tools to analyze the performance and effectiveness of those forms.
How can I create a form online for free?It is very much possible using this easy-to-use form builder. 1. Log in to get the form builder free trial. 2. Choose from hundreds of form templates and layouts. 3. Create your own interactive form and customize it for your branding. 4. Embed it on your website or share it across. 5. Collect data and analyze curated reports. Interested much? Let’s take you through the step-by-step process of creating your custom form.
10 simple steps to build your own Forms on Outgrow Form Builder
1. Log InSignup to the Outgrow dashboard and get started with the form builder free trial.
2. Select The Content-TypeOutgrow offers a variety of interesting interactive content types for qualified lead generation. You can try these out too. But for now, let’s start by selecting “Form/Survey”.
3. Template SelectionOutgrow form builder software provides you with plenty of layout and template options. You can either choose to select a premade template or start crafting your layout from scratch.
4. Form BuilderYou are now seeing the Outgrow form builder dashboard. On the welcome screen, you will find a navigation bar on the left, a preview in the center, and an edit bar on the right. Here you can place your welcome message, add personalized images and your brand logo to give it a personalized touch. You will also be able to design your form with the real-time preview of your work in progress.
5. QuestionsForms are all about your questions. Hence, Outgrow makes the form builder even more creative with plenty of question types that it houses.
Type of QuestionsYou can select the question type that suits your form the best.
6. Lead GenerationLet’s be honest here. When you put out that market research form, wouldn’t you want to gather the lead details along with the responses? To help you with this, this form builder provides you with an option to put a lead generation form at the end.
7. Outcome PageNow is the last impression moment. This can be a good chance to lure your audience with enticing videos or a lucrative offer. Furthermore, you can also link your social media handles here to lead the audience to see your amazing work.
8. Email ConfigurationIf you did end up generating some lead info, you can configure the form builder software to send them personalized emails. Just configure it on form builder dashboard and you’re done.
9. IntegrationsYes, Outgrow form builder also offers integration to apps like HubSpot, Salesforce, Mailchimp, Zoho, etc. This can help sync your lead data and use them in any way you want to.
10. EmbeddingFinally, its time to get your form in action by putting them at various strategic sections of your website. Embedding feature lets you display your form in a pop-up, chat, or a custom embed. It is a more interactive way of approaching your audience.
ConclusionAre you all pepped to make your first interactive form? Now that you have mastered this art, it’s time to start practicing your skill. Once you show your audience this interactive way of form filling, there is no turning back. And a bonus here is that there is absolutely no need for technical knowledge to get started with this form builder. Sign up for the Outgrow free trial today!
Shreya Sinha, a full-time content marketer at Outgrow, is also a full-time music lover. When not writing, she can be seen rocking a road trip or the beachside with her beloved ukulele!