Best List of Trivia Questions [Ideas + Customizable Templates]
Trivia games are a highlight in any gathering. They are fun, engaging, and enjoyed by people of all ages. If you’re running out of trivia question ideas for your next trivia night, we have got you covered. Here’s a comprehensive list of trivia questions along with templates that you can with your colleagues for your next company trivia night!
So, let the game begin!
List of Trivia Questions [Categories]
Here we walk you through a list of trivia questions from different trivia categories that you can explore! Watch out for amazing editable templates you can directly use for a virtual trivia night! But before we discuss the various categories, let’s first understand why trivia is so fun and engaging!
Interactive content types like trivia quizzes give real-time results engaging the viewers more than static content. In fact, that’s one of the reasons behind Buzzfeed quizzes’ tremendous success.
And that’s not it. Time and again it’s been seen how quizzes and trivia also help students with learning concepts and their classwork. And that’s the reason behind Kahoot quizzes’ exponential growth.
Those are only a few out of the sea of examples we can give as to why interactive content types like quizzes and trivia are so engaging and viral.
On that note, you may also want to check out our favorite 21 marketing quizzes of all time.
A. Art Trivia
Here we share a list of trivia questions for the Art Category.
1. Name the most famous English artist who painted mostly horses.
2. Who is the artist of the painting – “Impressionism Sunrise”?
3. Which artist painted 62 self portraits?
Rembrandt Van Rinn
4. Which artist painted The Scream?
5. “Portrait of a Man” is the real title of which artistic work?
6. To which group of artists does Vincent Van Gough belong?
7. Who created Camouflage colors for military use?
While you’re taking these art trivia ideas you might want to check out this art interactive experience template.
[Try out this template]
B. Automobile Trivia
1. When was Mercury Cougar made?
2. Which animal is on the Porsche logo?
3. Which sports car features in the Back To The Future trilogy?
4. When were car radios first introduced?
5. What was the original color for all Ferrari models?
6. How Much Do You Save by Buying a TESLA?
Well, that was a trick question! You can find the answer to that here.
C. Brand Trivia
1. Which global consumer goods giant was started in 1837 by a candle-maker and a soap-maker?
P&G – Proctor and Gamble
2.Which international company reduced four figures in their logo to three to depict a modern family?
3. What is Barbie’s full name?
Barbara Millcent Roberts
4. When did Google become a verb?
In 2006, recognized by Merriam Webster and Oxford dictionary
5. Samsung was once known for selling?
Dried fish and groceries
D. Civil Rights
1. According to Malcolm X, what did the “X” in his name represent?
His African ancestor’s unknown family name
2. On March 2, 1955, nine months before the arrest of Rosa Parks, which 15-year-old refused to give up her seat on a Montgomery, Ala. bus?
3. In 1890, which was the first state in the Union to grant women the right to vote?
4. In 2000, which U.S. state became the first to offer “civil unions” to same-sex couples, legally recognized relationship status, that provides many of the same rights as marriage?
5. “The Americans with Disabilities Act” that protects people with disabilities was brought into law in
6. Which patriarchal privilege are you?
[Try out this template]
E. Education Trivia
1. What is a world-recognized IQ test?
Mensa IQ test
On that note, how about you check your IQ here.
2. Which country is recognized to have the toughest education system?
3. World’s highest school is situated in?
4. What term denoting an institution of higher learning comes from a Latin word meaning “the whole”?
5. The National Teachers Association founded in 1857 became which modern institution?
Board of Regents
6. John Holt’s book “Teach Your Own” added strength to which U.S. education movement?
7. Which major should you study?
Trick question, again! Check the answer here.
F. Environment Trivia
1. Which day is Earth Day?
2.Which islands are famed for their vast number of endemic species and were studied by Charles Darwin during the voyage of the Beagle?
3. Which country ratified the Kyoto Protocol in late 2004 and thus caused it to become an international law?
4. Which is currently the most trafficked mammal in the world?
5. Approximately how many people live in the Amazon rainforest?
More than 30 million
6. Are you a water waster?
G. Entertainment Trivia
1. For which movie did Steven Spielberg win his first Oscar for Best Director?
2. Which 1994 crime film revitalized John Travolta’s career?
3. What was the name of the band that sang the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. theme song?
4. Who was the captain of the Titanic?
On that note, how long do you think you can survive on a sinking Titanic?
5. Which Los Angeles hotel is prominently featured in Pretty Woman?
The Beverly Wilshire by Four Seasons
6. Which F.R.I.E.N.D.S. character are you?
[Try out this template]
H. Festival Trivia
1. Where is the Carnaval do Rio celebrated?
2. What is the traditional New Year celebration called in Scotland?
3. Which prominent actor helped found the Tribeca Film Festival?
Rober De Niro
4. New Year in Thailand comes every April and is celebrated with the festival called Songkran. What kind of element is usually associated with its celebration?
5. What’s your Chinese new year flower?
6. Which EVIL April Fools’ prank could you perform?
[Try out this template]
I. Finance Trivia
1. Where does Wall Street get its name from?
The wooden wall Dutch colonists built to protect New Amsterdam
2. Which month of the year has historically been the worst in terms of Dow Jones’ performance?
3. The modern life insurance industry developed in?
A coffee house in London
4. Which is the oldest bank?
Banca Monte Dei Paschi di Siena
5. Which family has the most members in the list of America’s 10 richest people?
6. Should you go for an IPO or an ICO?
We’ll help you figure that out! Take the quiz.
J. Food and Beverages Trivia
1. Which is the most expensive spice in the world by weight?
2. Where was the first Cheesecake believed to have been served?
3. Which is the most stolen food in the world?
4. Russet, Russian Banana, and Kestrel are varieties of what?
5. Where were french fries created?
6. Are crepes breakfast or dessert?
Curious to know? Find out here.
[Try out this template]
K. Gaming Trivia
1. Which was the first commercially successful video game?
2. What inspired game maker Satoshi Tajiri to create Pokémon?
3. Which popular video game creatures come from the Howling Abyss?
4. How many different shapes of four-connected blocks are there in “Tetris”?
5. Which popular video game character goes by the codename “Killer Bee”?
L. Geography Trivia
1. How many countries does the United States share a land border with?
2. Which is the smallest country in the world?
3. Which is the largest waterfall in the world?
4. How many countries are present in Africa?
5. The ‘Roof’ of the world is referred to which place?
M. History Trivia
1. Which king preceded Queen Victoria?
2. In which country is the Bay of Pigs?
3. Where did the Great Fire of London begin on 2 September 1666?
4. Who was the first woman to be elected to the houses of parliament?
5. How many people were killed in the Salem Witch Trials?
N. Health & Fitness Trivia
1. Who invented Homeopathy?
2. Which exercise boosts metabolism 24 hours a day, seven days a week?
3. Brain-boosting omega 3s are best found in which food item?
4. Flexibility is enhanced by the daily performance of?
5. What is the name for a sequence of yoga positions?
6. What is your daily hygiene score?
Find out here!
O. Sports Trivia
1. Which sport is dubbed the ‘king of sports’?
2. Stephen Curry’s father played professional basketball for what team towards the end of his career?
3. Which country was the first-ever World Athletics Championship held in?
4. In 1971, this boxer gave Muhammad Ali his first-ever loss in the realm of professional boxing. What was his name?
5. In 1977, the first-ever US Open for gold was held in which state?
6. Which coach came off the bench to play for his team in the Stanley Cup finals?
P. Technology Trivia
1. How many computer languages are in use?
2. Which device, released in 1993, gave rise to the term personal digital assistant?
3. What is the name of the British computer scientist who invented the World Wide Web in 1989?
4. Which company has employed the largest number of language translators?
5. Which popular social networking site was sold to News Corp. for $580 million in 2005?
6. The digitally certified picture of the Grumpy Cat meme was recently sold for how much in an NFT auction?
Take this tech quiz to find out!
Q. Travel Trivia
1. Which luxury hotel is inside the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa?
2. Which country is made up of 180,000 islands?
3. Where can you find the Seven Coloured Earths?
4. Where is the Blue Grotto?
5. Which famous 1990 film thrust The Beverly Wilshire hotel in LA into the limelight?
6. Where are you visiting this summer?
Haven’t figured it out yet? We have come to your rescue!
Take this ultimate summer destination quiz to find out!
With this, folks, we move on to our final list of trivia questions for the Trending Trivia Category!
R. Trending Trivia
1. Which famous film studio did Amazon buy for $8.45 billion?
2. What is the date fixed by Microsoft to lay Internet Explorer to rest?
June 15, 2022
3. Which social networking giant is about to release a premium service priced at $2.99 per month to increase its revenue?
4. Who has acquired Stack Overflow?
5. What is the most consumed manufactured drink in the world?
There you go – a comprehensive list of trivia questions and ideas across 18 different categories! You can play these at your company trivia week or at your family trivia night! Like them? Why don’t you give Outgrow trivia templates a shot? Create fantastic online trivia quizzes for your next trivia night!