31+ Vital E-Commerce Statistics
The world of e-commerce is no cakewalk, we know. Trying to find the right product to earn paying customers? That can’t be easy. But we’re here to help you out. We have 31 amazing e-commerce statistics that are going to make your work a little easier. Don’t you wanna know?
P.S. Here‘s a blog that talks about how interactive content can help you boost your sales!
Around 25% of the world’s population (7.7 billion people in total) shop online.
1. Therefore, approximately 1.92 billion people are shopping online in 2019.
2. However, almost 45% of small American businesses do not have a website.
4. The number of people who shop online is expected to rise to 2.14 billion people in 2021.
5. 80% of Americans shop online.
6. 79% of US consumers are more likely to shop online if free shipping is provided.
7. 54% of US consumers say that same-day shipping is the biggest incentive to buy products online.
8. Moreover, 53% of US online shoppers won’t purchase a product if they don’t know when it will arrive.
9. 80% of shoppers stop buying from companies in case of poor customer experience.
10. In fact, consumers are most likely to trust a business that is easily contactable.
11. 83% of US online shoppers expect regular communication about their purchases. This becomes extremely important in the light of the fact that only 2.86% of e-commerce website visits end up making a purchase.
12. 42% of US online shoppers have returned an item they bought online in the last 6 months.
13. 63% of US online shoppers said that they would not buy an item if they couldn’t find the return policy.
14. Moreover, 59% of US online shoppers said that they want to receive notifications about the status of their refund.
15. 65% of people compare prices for products while considering buying something in a physical store.
16. In fact, 85% of shoppers conduct online research before buying a product. They look for accurate product descriptions, reviews, consumer-use images, etc.
18. However, on the good side- abandoned cart follow up emails have an avg. opening rate of 45%.
19. 81% of consumers trust the reviews of family and friends over businesses.
Benefits Of E-commerce
Some reasons are because of which e-commerce is gaining popularity every day are-
20. The ability to compare prices (54%)
21. Better prices due to offers (46%), and to save time.
Role Of Mobile E-Commerce
22. It is expected to be the reason behind 67.2% of digital sales in 2019.
23. In fact, if users have a bad experience on a mobile website, they are 62% less likely to purchase from that business in the future.
24. Moreover, the probability of a user bouncing off a mobile webpage increases by 32 percent when the page takes between one and three seconds to load.
25. More than 50% of them have made purchases on mobile devices.
26. 59% of smartphone users favor businesses with mobile sites or apps that enable them to make purchases easily and quickly.
E-Commerce Customer Demographics
27. Men spend 68% more time shopping online than women.
28. On average, men spend $220 per transaction.
29. Contradictorily, women send only $151 per transaction.
31. Baby Boomers spend four hours per week shopping online, and on the other hand, Seniors spend two and a half hours per week shopping online.
Seems like we’ve learned quite a lot from these e-commerce statistics. Consumers do like to hear time and again about they want. They want relevant information, and they’re willing to research for it. This is true more so for Millenials than seniors, and for men than women.
E-Commerce marketing is a very interesting concept that is growing day by day. And we hope we’ve helped you navigate some of those scary waters! But one cannot know everything, can they? So if you have any other thoughts about e-commerce marketing, we’d love to hear from you.